Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Celebrated Wilbur Wright's Birthday

Today's first adventure was to finish visiting the Shenandoah National Park, especially to get my National Park passport stamped!

The view was much more clear today, so beautiful! We saw more deer, SNOW, and icicles. Amazing the difference a night can make. Have I mentioned I love snow, because I do!!




And now the Southern Road Trip begins!

The goal of this trip is to visit the 6 Southern states I have never been to, and to see some amazing things along the way!



First up I traveled from Charlottesville, VA to Kill Devil Hills, NC. I traveled through Richmond, VA, but did not stop since I've already been there. Here I am with my road trip car, a blue Versa.


I visited the Wright Brothers National Monument in Kill Devil Hills, NC. And Happy Birthday Wilbur Wright, today everyone got in FREE!! They told me I could have brought a cake if I wanted to. Sadly I did not know so I did not have a cake to bring to the celebration. People were flying kites on the grounds. So awesome!

By the time they closed and I got gas it was SUPER windy and cold. The guy at the gas station assured me it's not always that cold.


Today's new state was North Carolina! What a beautiful state so far! I have stopped in Raleigh for the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment