Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Toured Monticello and Shenandoah National Park

Today we toured Thomas Jefferson's home, Monticello. It was raining while we were there, but it's still a beautiful home!

During the tour I noticed a lack of commentary and artwork about James Madison. I started wondering if the very best friendship talked about at Montpelier was more one sided, but it turns out they even had an entire guest room for the Madison's. Guess they really were best friends. ;)


Looks like the Nickel....




 We drove on the ridge of Shenandoah. Amazing land, and I do love storms so it made for beautiful view, although you wouldn't see out very far. We saw deer, a wild turkey, but no bears.



Oh and it started snowing!! I rolled my window down to take a photo and was covered in snow! I do really love snow, but it was a bit cold...


Walking just a little up the Appalachian Trail. That is probably one goal I will not be having, to hike the entire thing... I'll stick with my current states goal for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment